Emilia-Romagna International School of Policy
- PROJECT DIRECTOR: Prof. Marco R. Di Tommaso
- PROJECT CO-DIRECTOR: Prof. Lauretta Rubini
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT COORDINATORS: Andrea Ferrannini and Chiara Pollio
PROJECT FOCUS: providing advanced education and training opportunities and strengthening academic research in the field of economics and management of public policies for economic and social development, in partnership with a highly qualified network of regional, national and international universities.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE: the project intends to provide opportunities for high-level training, exchange and academic discussion for policy-makers, researchers and young scholars on industrial policy and development issues, in order to strengthen the capacity of the Emilia-Romagna regional system (in all its public, private and social components) to position itself as an international center of knowledge, innovation, sustainability and social progress.
The activities promoted within this project will lead to the establishment of a permanent network – i.e. School of Policy – able to operate nationally and internationally in the field of economics and management of public policies for economic and social development.
PROJECT MAIN ACTIVITIES
1. High-level training
- 1a – Policy Learning Program for policy-makers and young scholars à 2 editions: 2020 and 2021 (more details on realized activities)
- 1b – Summer School of Policy for students and young scholars à 2 editions: 2020 and 2021
2. Exchange and debate
- 2a – Policy Research Meetings à monthly thematic meetings among senior and young scholars (more details on realized activities)
- 2b – Policy Colloquia à quarterly meetings between scholars and policy-makers (more details on realized activities)
- 2c – Policy visits by policy-makers and young scholars à 2 policy visits incoming or outgoing in 2020 and 2021
3. Research and dissemination
- 3a – Policy research by young scholars à academic research on industrial policy issues
- 3b – Policy MOOC by senior scholars à lectures and brief expert commentaries for online dissemination
- 3c – International Policy Workshop for senior and young scholars à 2 editions: 2020 and 2021 (more details on realized activities)
DURATION: July 2019 – December 2022
LEAD ORGANIZATION: Department of Economics and Management, University of Ferrara